Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by slipbits <sl...@slipbits.com> on 2020/09/09 17:05:17 UTC

SAX Question

NB 12.0
JDK 14
Win7-64

I'm trying to use a SAX XML parser and found the following issue?

import org.xml.sax.Attributes;

public class XMLReaderHandler extends org.xml.sax.helpers.DefaultHandler {
    public void startElement(String uri, String localName, String qName,
Attributes attributes) throws SAXException {
       if (attr.getLength()) // getLength not found but Ctl-B Attribute
shows it
    }
}

[1] When I do a Ctl-B (go to declaration) on Attributes I see
Attributes.getLength()

[2] But when I do attr.getLength(), getLength() is undefined.

[3] Hovering on 'attr.' shows the Attribute methods but not getLength().

[4] The JDK 14 documentation shows getLength() defined under
org.xml.sax.Attributes. Attributes is an interface.

Am I doing something wrong?

Re: SAX Question

Posted by slipbits <sl...@slipbits.com>.
Sorry. Ignore the post. I found my error.

Sorry to waste the bandwidth!