Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Everson Rogério <ev...@yahoo.com.br> on 2011/09/06 19:18:06 UTC

FOP 1.0 - Performance

Hello group,

I need to improve the performance of the FOP 1.0.
Is there any setting to change the file fop-1.0.jar.

See below the results of some tests I did:

FOP 0.20.5: 1 second. (As a class example of FOP: ExampleXML2PDF.java and using Driver.RENDER_PCL)
FOP 1.0: 6 seconds. (With the example class ExampleXML2PDF.java MimeConstants.MIME_PCL)

Note: Render the same xml and xsl files.

Any ideas?

thanks
Everson

Re: FOP 1.0 - Performance

Posted by Alexios Giotis <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Everson,

We had some performance improvement by setting strict FO validation to false ( <strict-validation>false</strict-validation>
or programmatically fopFactory.setStrictValidation(false);). In other cases, FOP was slow due to  images, especially not-indexed png images.

If you post the XSL:FO, the FOP configuration and some info related to the system that is running this, someone could be more helpful.

Greetings,
Alexis