Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dvorák Zdenek <zd...@csas.cz> on 2001/12/12 16:31:20 UTC

reuse of PDFRenderer

Hi,

this is my first time contacting the mail group. If you received this mail
in error, I am sorry.

I am building a batch printing application. This application processes huge
number of documents.

I did some measurements and found out that every document beeing processed
(Driver.run()) locks about 6 kB of memory. I invastigated the problem and
did a pool of Driver objects to reuse them. This doesn't help since the
Driver object by starting the setRenderer() method instantiates a
PDFRenderer and this is the object that after beeing finished still keeps
allocated memory. If I reset()  the driver to perform another transformation
it creates a corrupted PDF since the renderer was not reinitialized (my
opinion).
Does anyone have an idea how to make a pool of Driver, PDFRenderer objects
or how to get rid of the memory leak?

thanks Zdenek