Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@apache.org> on 2017/06/05 05:39:12 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.4.0 RC1

Hi,

The Apache Kudu team is happy to announce the first release candidate for
Apache Kudu 1.4.0.

Apache Kudu 1.4.0 is a minor release which offers many improvements and
fixes since the prior release. This first release candidate does not
contain full release notes -- I am hoping that we can start voting while
preparing release notes, and then have an abbreviated RC2 vote if the only
changes between RC1 and RC2 are the incorporation of docs.

The is a source-only release. The artifacts were staged here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/kudu/1.4.0-RC1/

Java convenience binaries in the form of a Maven repository are staged here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekudu-1010/

It was built from this tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kudu.git;a=commit;h=afcd412baedcd153d152bd43128ca82886630200

As noted above, the release notes are work-in-progress.

KEYS file:
http://www.apache.org/dist/kudu/KEYS

I'd suggest going through the README, building Kudu, and running the
unit tests. Testing out the Maven repo would also be appreciated.

The vote will run until Wednesday, June 7th at 11PM PDT. As noted above,
we'll need to do an RC2 to incorporate release notes, so please focus your
voting and testing on the non-doc contents here.

Thanks,
Todd

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.4.0 RC1

Posted by Adar Dembo <ad...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Built on Ubuntu 16.04 in ASAN mode. All tests passed.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.4.0 RC1

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
+1

Downloaded the tarball, verified the md5 and sha1, also checked the
signature, all good.

Compiled everything and ran the tests, I hit
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KUDU-2003 which I expected on the
machine I ran on but all the other tests passed.

J-D

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.4.0 RC1

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Have to -1 the code, unfortunately. Matt Jacobs turned up a bug on one of
his test clusters, and it looks to be a blocker regression related to the
new metadata compaction feature. Working on a fix now.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.4.0 RC1

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hey folks,

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.4.0 RC1