Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Erickson <de...@cmcflex.com> on 2004/07/04 18:42:12 UTC

Quick Dependency Questions

Hi just setting up maven.. got a couple quick questions:

#1 My project is dependent on the currently un released struts 1.2.. which I
have been occasionally grabbing from their nightly builds, how can I setup
maven to be dependent on an unreleased version thats currently only in cvs?

#2 Similar to #1 I am dependent on displaytag, however I have the displaytag
project actually on my computer with some source files that are different
than what they have on cvs (haven't been committed yet), how would i setup
maven to deal with this?

#3 Projects that have their own dependencies, like struts depends on a lot
of the commons projects, if I depend on struts will it in turn grab those
for me?  Or must I list all of them in my own dependencies?

Thanks,
David

Re: Quick Dependency Questions

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
#1: unless they have released builds, you'll need to build it yourself
from CVS and place the JAR in your local repository as
struts-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar (then depend on version 1.2-SNAPSHOT)

#2: as for #1. You really get into scary territory hacking on open
source projects without submitting your changes back though as you
find yourself getting out of touch rather quickly.

#3: In maven 1.0, you must list this out yourself.

Regards,
Brett