Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Scott Christopher <SC...@internode.com.au> on 2010/09/24 03:22:00 UTC

RuntimeStoreException: The store is closed

We're running ActiveMQ inside ServiceMix, and after updating the activemq-broker.xml bundle to apply some new authentication settings, we're now seeing the error below every 30 seconds.

When the activemq-broker.xml bundle is stopped, the error still occurs. I've tried stopping the bundle, deleting the KahaDB data directory, and restarting the bundle, though the error still persists.

Despite the error, ActiveMQ seems to still be operating fine.

Could anyone give any insight as to what might be triggering this error?

I'd prefer to not have to restart ServiceMix if possible.

Regards,
	Scott Christopher

---

Problem retrieving message for browse
org.apache.activemq.kaha.RuntimeStoreException: The store is closed
	at org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.container.BaseContainerImpl.checkClosed(BaseContainerImpl.java:213)
	at org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.container.ListContainerImpl.load(ListContainerImpl.java:61)
	at org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.container.ListContainerImpl.isEmpty(ListContainerImpl.java:206)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.FilePendingMessageCursor.isDiskListEmpty(FilePendingMessageCursor.java:388)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.FilePendingMessageCursor.reset(FilePendingMessageCursor.java:121)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.StoreQueueCursor.reset(StoreQueueCursor.java:156)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.doBrowse(Queue.java:845)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.expireMessages(Queue.java:632)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.access$100(Queue.java:89)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue$2.run(Queue.java:122)
	at org.apache.activemq.thread.SchedulerTimerTask.run(SchedulerTimerTask.java:33)

InstanceAlreadyExistsException

Posted by Don Santillan <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I am consistently getting this error when I do a redeploy of my
application. It seems like my broker is not getting closed/stopped upon
redeploy. Note that I am creating my broker through xbean:

String brokerURI = "vm://localbroker?brokerConfig=xbean:activemq.xml"
ActiveMQConnectionFactory(brokerURI);
connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
connection.start();

I already have a call to stop and close the connection upon redeploy.

Is there a way to kill a broker programmatically?

Here's a truncated error trace:

javax.jms.JMSException: Could not create Transport. Reason:
bean with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0' defined
in class path resource [activemq.xml]: Invocation of init method failed;
nested exception is javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException:
org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=localbroker,Type=Broker
    at
org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:35)
    at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createTransport(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:245)
    at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:258)
    at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:230)
    at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:178)

Thanks!

-don