Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Giovanni Lenzi <g....@smileupp.com> on 2015/04/18 11:35:35 UTC

Hi from Smileupps Team

Hi everybody,

Thanks for sharing our tutorial link.

I just wanted to introduce myself and the Smileupps Team in a more formal
way. Last months, we put a lot of effort in our project, so we didn't find
much time for socials and PR.

As some of you may know, we are an italian team, withouth any external
financing, interested in CouchDB growth. We started www.couchappy.com
project in 2013, as a plain CouchDB hosting, with the mission to ease
developer life in creating great apps. We thought CouchDB was great for it
and we still continue to think it.

Two months ago, we released our 2.0 version and, in agreement with the PMC,
we renamed the project to www.smileupps.com to leave the word "Couch" out
of it, so preventing any confusion to CouchDB community and ecosystem.

With 2.0 we finally reached what was our target from the beginning: an app
store for CLOUD web applications... an app-store which, being based on
cloud apps, may really be more business-oriented and where customers may
finally find something useful for their daily job, besides the latest
puzzle-game or notepad.

We wanted to let developers focus on building apps and providing support
only, instead of worrying about side activities like housing, server
administration, security and so on. To this purpose, we introduced a new
cost-effective pricing model, to clearly separate app from hosting costs.
However, we firmly don't want to lock developers with us, so we support
only opensource CouchDB versions, to give them option to change us anytime.

I won't write any further, you can have a look at our website:
www.smileupps.com

We wanted to introduce ourselves because, even if, with our work, we think
we are already actively contributing to CouchDB growth, we would like to
help further with some tutorials and articles already planned, and, if
possible, even some marketing ideas.

Thanks for reading and yours efforts in building this amazing product,
--------
Giovanni Lenzi,
Chief Executive Officer
Smileupps Cloud App Store
https://www.smileupps.com

Re: Hi from Smileupps Team

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Giovanni,

thanks a lot for your introduction. I wish you the best for your service.
And thanks in advance for your contributions. Tutorials is something we
need a lot more ;-)

Please note that there are also more mailing lists:

You may want to join them also. And we there is the wiki:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Apache+CouchDB+Wiki

If you would like to add anything, just drop us a note and we grant you the
appropriate rights.

All the best and welcome ;-)

Andy

--