Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Naga Nunna <na...@lucent.com> on 2000/11/10 01:28:25 UTC

Problems with JSPs in Tomcat3.1

JSPs don't seem to work with Tomcat3.1 and JDK1.3. I get a
ClassNotFoundException. Adding tools.jar and rt.jar
to my classpath didn't help. Neither did copying and inflating
the jar files into the same directory as my jsp file.

I tried compiling my jsp with the jspc command in the bin
and I got the following error:
        at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.JspC.parseFiles(JspC.java:438)
        at org.apache.jasper.JspC.main(JspC.java:601)

I tried compiling some of the tomcat jsp examples and I got the same
error.

The tomcat log had the following error:
Starting endpoint port="8080"
handler="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"
Starting endpoint port="8007"
handler="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"
Context log: path="" Class Not Found in init
 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Login1.jsp
	at
org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveClassLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveClassLoader.java:450)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveServletLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveServletLoader.java:141)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java:294)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:445)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:597)
	at org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:257)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:503)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

If anybody else experienced this problem and resolved it, I would like to know
how.

Thanks!

Windows 2000 server & Tomcat

Posted by Antoni Unkovich <an...@innova.co.nz>.
Dear Dave,

Greetings from down under (New Zealand).

I've just discovered Tomcat, and am also a newby to webservers in general,
so I'm finding the installation of Tomcat a little difficult.

Anyway, I noticed you have Tomcat running on Win2000.  I have not been able
to get passed the first installation steps like installing the JDK1.3 (or
the JRE1.3  for that matter)!  How did you do it?  It installed fine on my
workstation which is Win2000 professional, but the server which is win2000
server won't run the 16bit installer application!  Have you seen this
before?  Sun's website refers to a similar problem:

   http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q142/2/71.asp

but it's note quite what I'm experiencing.  (gif image of error attached).
The error occurs as soon as the progress bar "Unpacking Java 2 Runtime
Environment" finishes.  I'm logged in as the administrator.

Thanks in advance.

Antoni Unkovich

> JSPs don't seem to work with Tomcat3.1 and JDK1.3. I get a
> ClassNotFoundException. Adding tools.jar and rt.jar
> to my classpath didn't help. Neither did copying and inflating
> the jar files into the same directory as my jsp file.
>
> I tried compiling my jsp with the jspc command in the bin
> and I got the following error:
>         at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.jasper.JspC.parseFiles(JspC.java:438)
>         at org.apache.jasper.JspC.main(JspC.java:601)
>
> I tried compiling some of the tomcat jsp examples and I got the same
> error.
>

> The tomcat log had the following error:
> Starting endpoint port="8080"
> handler="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"
> Starting endpoint port="8007"
> handler="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"
> Context log: path="" Class Not Found in init
>  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Login1.jsp
> at

org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveClassLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveClassLoader.j
ava:450)
> at

org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveServletLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveServletLoad
er.java:141)
> at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java:294)
> at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:445)
> at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:597)
> at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:257)
> at
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
> at

onnectionHandler.java:160)

)