Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org> on 2004/03/07 10:36:04 UTC

Woody, default xslts and failmessages

Hello,

I started using woody the last week and encountered the problem that
even in the woody example the ...<failmessage></failmessage> is not
displayed if validation fails. I see the <a><!</a>, but if I click it, I
always get a standard message. The rendering of the help fields also
does not seem to work here.

How can I get the failmessages being inserted/displayed the right way?

Does the form1 example display the failmessages correct on anybody elses
install?

    Rolf Kulemann

Re: Woody, default xslts and failmessages

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 10:36, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I started using woody the last week and encountered the problem that
> even in the woody example the ...<failmessage></failmessage> is not
> displayed if validation fails. I see the <a><!</a>, but if I click it, I
> always get a standard message. The rendering of the help fields also
> does not seem to work here.
>
> How can I get the failmessages being inserted/displayed the right way?
>
> Does the form1 example display the failmessages correct on anybody elses
> install?

Ahh, I think I missed the pattern:

If a field is empty and required one gets displayed a general msg that
the field is required. If It contains at least one character and the
validation fails, my failmessage is displayed.

Sorry for this posting.

    Rolf Kulemann