Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kishore Kumar Manthangod <mk...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/20 09:34:54 UTC

Pointing Multiple contexts to single webapp

I have a single webapp. But this has to be accessed from multiple contexts

for example : http://localhost:8080/abc
                    http://localhost:8080/cde
                    http://localhost:8080/xyz

I did this using having multiple context tags in the <Host> tag similar to
the following

<Context path="abc" docBase="MY_WEBAPP_FOLDER" />
<Context path="abc" docBase="MY_WEBAPP_FOLDER" />
<Context path="abc" docBase="MY_WEBAPP_FOLDER" />

The problem with this is, it is duplicating all the resources in the webapp
and starting up all the path by loading all resources. As a reason, I am
getting MemoryOutOfErrors. I want this to be done with single resource.

Any help??

- Kishore

RE: Cleartrust RSA integration

Posted by "dB." <db...@dblock.org>.
This all sounds very unnecessarily complicated.

Maybe you want to look at authentication at the Tomcat level alone? Writing an authenticator is rather simple (and there're plenty of examples) provided that ClearTrust has an API, which I am sure it does.

dB. @ dblock.org
Moscow|Geneva|Seattle|New York

Posted by Ron McNulty <rm...@clear.net.nz>.
Hi Martin

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by Ron McNulty <rm...@clear.net.nz>.
Hi All

Re: Pointing Multiple contexts to single webapp

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Have a look at UrlRewriteFilter : http://www.tuckey.org

  As a reason, I am
> getting MemoryOutOfErrors.

Have you thought of patenting that code ?  A lot of vendors would be interested in
something like that.