Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@oracle.com> on 2017/09/10 03:23:15 UTC

[Mentors] Towards release of HTML/Java API

Hi.
I've just adjusted pom.xml info[1]:

commit 9032affbec8e2c2bc1d6e91a2da32f356a9ccfe4
Author: Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@oracle.com>
Date:   Sun Sep 10 05:10:50 2017 +0200

    Adjusting license and scm info in the pom file to Apache style

and that is the last task from the transitioning guide[2] that I have been
aware to address. As far as I can say, and as the wiki[3] shows, everything is
done. Independent verification of my work would be good, of course.

There are even some bugfixes over the last released version 1.4, thus I think
it makes perfect sense to release version 1.5 under the Apache brand. Once out
we will be able to switch to its Maven JARs in the main donated NetBeans code.

Dear mentors, please advice me how to proceed to release (and step out of
incubator with the Apache HTML/Java NetBeans API repository). Thanks in
advance for your help.

-jt

[1] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-netbeans-html4j.git;a=commit;h=9032affbec8e2c2bc1d6e91a2da32f356a9ccfe4

[2] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/transitioning_asf.html

[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/NetBeans+Transition
+Process

Re: [Mentors] Towards release of HTML/Java API

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@oracle.com>.
On pátek 29. září 2017 10:52:17 CEST Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 6:35 AM, Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > ...It would be nice to also start publishing artifacts to Maven Central...
>
> That can happen once Apache Releases of the corresponding source code
> have been made.

I see. I thought so. My plan was to release incubating-netbeans-html4j-1.5.zip
and then perform the Maven upload of the binaries for version 1.5 into its
current Maven location (groupid=org.netbeans.html).

On pátek 29. září 2017 7:35:10 CEST Emilian Bold wrote:
> We have external binary references in the main NetBeans repo for the
> HTML/Java API JARs and it would be great to add Maven coordinates.

These libraries already use Maven coordinates.
-jt

Re: [Mentors] Towards release of HTML/Java API

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 6:35 AM, Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...It would be nice to also start publishing artifacts to Maven Central...

That can happen once Apache Releases of the corresponding source code
have been made.

-Bertrand

Re: [Mentors] Towards release of HTML/Java API

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
It would be nice to also start publishing artifacts to Maven Central.

We have external binary references in the main NetBeans repo for the
HTML/Java API JARs and it would be great to add Maven coordinates.

--emi

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@oracle.com>.
On pondělí 11. září 2017 9:29:02 CEST Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 5:23 AM, Jaroslav Tulach
>
> <ja...@oracle.com> wrote:
> > ...Dear mentors, please advice me how to proceed to release...
>
> I have sent the relevant links to this list a few times already,
> please check the archives.

Hello Bertrand.
I found
https://incubator.apache.org/policy/incubation.html
https://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

I'd like to proceed with a release of HTML/Java API. Am I supposed to send an
email like http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-stdcxx-dev/
200601.mbox/%3c43C1C0A0.7040401@roguewave.com%3e
to this mailing list and wait for the votes?

> > ..and step out of incubator with the Apache HTML/Java NetBeans API
> > repository...
> The NetBeans podling will graduate as a whole when its community is
> ready for that.

OK, when you say so.
-jt

Re: [Mentors] Towards release of HTML/Java API

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

<ja...@oracle.com> wrote:
> ...Dear mentors, please advice me how to proceed to release...

I have sent the relevant links to this list a few times already,
please check the archives.

> ..and step out of incubator with the Apache HTML/Java NetBeans API repository...

The NetBeans podling will graduate as a whole when its community is
ready for that.

-Bertrand (traveling, limited bandwidth this week)

Re: [Mentors] Towards release of HTML/Java API

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
I wonder whether it works like that or whether, since that repo is part of
the Apache NetBeans project, it needs to graduate as part of Apache
NetBeans. I.e., there is no Apache HTML4J project -- there is instead an
html4j repo that is part of the Apache NetBeans project. But my
interpretation could be wrong.

Gj