Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/14 16:07:08 UTC

Question about a failed loading portlet

Ok, so I resolved my database errors as I mentioned, I determined that
the error I was getting is caused by Tomcat not being able to read the
<portletname>.xml context.xml file for your portal.  So, now that that
is resolved, I have a new problem.  Jetspeed2 works fine on my local
test box, but when I deploy it to my webhost, I get this error when I go
to the url:

Failed to retrieve Portlet Definition for
jetspeed-layouts::VelocityTwoColumnsjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
Cannot pass a null PortletDefinition to a PortletEntity.

I noticed in the default-page.psml, there is this line:

<fragment id="dp-1" type="layout"
name="jetspeed-layouts::VelocityTwoColumns">

what is jetspeed-layouts referring to exactly?  Is it a class or
something else?  I'm assuming that something with the way the web hoster
has tomcat setup is causing something to not be able to be read.. any
ideas where I could start looking?

Thanks!

Re: Question about a failed loading portlet

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
Never mind, rebuilding seems to have fixed whatever had gone wrong.

Now I'm off to figure out how to customize it :)