Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Fitzpatrick <ro...@webtent.com> on 2003/02/06 19:10:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Auth_pam_external module

I am brand new to the list, if anyone can tell me where I can search
archives of the list, please do.

I have a Cobalt running Apache 1.3 that has always allowed using
authentication by local users and groups to directories using 'require
valid-user' in the .htaccess file instead of .htpasswd files for
authentication. I always thought the module, auth_pam_external, provided
this functionality, correct me if I'm wrong about that. Now, I have a
Linux (RH 7.3) that I would like the same functionality, but I am
running Apache 2.0 on that machine and don't find this module around
anywhere. Hoping that it was built-in to Apache 2.0, I copied over a
.htaccess file and made the appropriate changes only to receive an error
500 after inputting the username and password.

Can someone tell me where I can find this module for Apache 2.0 or the
solution for authentication using local user names and groups?

--
Robert

Re: [users@httpd] Auth_pam_external module

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
> Can someone tell me where I can find this module for Apache 2.0 or the
> solution for authentication using local user names and groups?

See: http://www.apache.org/~dirkx/oscon2002/mod_auth_pam/ for PAM module;
this code should have made it into

	http://pam.sourceforge.net/mod_auth_pam/

but not sure.