Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko" <si...@cshl.edu> on 2003/03/10 01:02:19 UTC

Pet store status?

Hi,

In January, I saw a thread on OSCON where Perrin mentioned implementing
the Sun Pet Store using perl. Has there been any activity in this
direction?

My interest here is to take the Flash Pet Store client from Macromedia
and make it work through FLAP (my newborn project: Flash Remoting in
Perl, http://www.simonf.com/flap) to Perl on the server side. Obviously,
I would like to use an existing Perl codebase. I have seen Rob Nagler's
mention of petshop.bivio.biz, but I wonder if there are also other
implementations. (To ensure I have a choice. :)

Thanks,
Simon
--

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf@cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

America's business leaders simply don't want to think
about complex technology issues - they want to think
about golf. Microsoft promises them that.
			Andrew Grygus, www.aaxnet.com

Re: Pet store status?

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko wrote:
> In January, I saw a thread on OSCON where Perrin mentioned implementing
> the Sun Pet Store using perl. Has there been any activity in this
> direction?

No.  I decided that porting the sprawling J2EE pet store was too big a
project to take on alone for my OSCON talk, so I went with my other
option about object-relational mapping tools.

In addition to the Bivio store, there is a demo store for Akopia
Interchange that you could use.

- Perrin