Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com> on 1996/06/17 01:47:18 UTC

thoughts of the future....

I went back to our forgotten "todo" document, at
http://hyperreal.com/httpd/todo.html.  I removed the entries which we had
completed or addressed, which was a sizeable chunk...

I then created a second document, project-plan.html, which attempts to put
these todo items and wish list items into some type of priority and
assigns version numbers to them.  While I want to see us move quickly on
threading and autoconfiscation, I do see a point for a stable 1.2 release
before we have those two features down cold.  So, I put those features we
had talked about recently on the list for 1.2, autoconf+threading + a
couple other things for 2.0, a couple extra features requested for 2.1,
and blue-sky desires for 3.0 (HTTP-NG, port to the BeBox).

I don't want to burn too much time on this before 1.1 final is out, but if
you'd like to start looking at that document and using it as a base for
discussions with the end goal of some fruitful plan moving forward, I
think that would be best.

I'm sure I've forgotten a few major things, apologies in advance.

	Brian