Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com> on 2003/04/08 16:41:23 UTC

[OT] fop-user mailing list FAQ--or lack thereof

This person was having problems with his mailing list stuff (my guess is
that he used a different account to subscribe). I noticed, that there's
no mailing list FAQ. Would whomever has this task (or access to set this
up) e-mail me off-list, so I can provide him/her with the text file
needed to make it happen? I've got a mailing list or two from which I
think I could pilfer^H^H^H^H^H^H piece together the FAQ. ;-p

Web Maestro Clay

Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 06:30:26 -0400
From: Leet, Ethan C <et...@lmco.com>
Subject: fop user
To: 'cleeds@medata.com' <cl...@medata.com>

Mr. Leeds,

	I have question.

	I have signed up as a user for the fop mailing list.

	Yet when I send questions or comments, they are being bounced back
by the mail daemon.

	Something like ......

  		fop-user@xml.apache.org mailing list.

		FAQ - Frequently asked questions of the
fop-user@xml.apache.org list.

		None available yet.

	Am I not signed up ?

	How do you use this mailing list ?

Thank you
	Ethan

--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.
Clay Leeds wrote:

> BTW, one thing I noticed, is that the e-mails shown on the help page are
> broken when you click them. The links are written as follows:
>
>   <a
> href="mailto:fop-user-help.at.xml.apache.org">fop-user-help@xml.ap
> ache.org</a>
>
> I understand doing this for "people's" e-mail addresses but it is a bit
> cumbersome for listservs... Perhaps there's a script that automatically
> messes up e-mails this way, but shouldn't it be turned off for listserv
> addresses?

I think forrest is doing this. The underlying XML is correct. I think I saw
something on the forrest mailing list about how to fix this. I'll work on
it. Thanks for pointing out the problem.

Victor Mote

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
You're right, it does. The person e-mailed me directly (don't know
exactly why--perhaps it's my charming wit? ;-p), and in his e-mail, at
the bottom it indicated there was no FAQs available yet. However, I've
since found that there is a fully capable FAQ accessible by sending a
letter to:

  fop-user-help

In other words, "Never mind!" ;-p

--