Posted to rpc-user@xml.apache.org by Tim Heath <wg...@fedex.com> on 2002/06/10 20:11:24 UTC

xml-rpc webservices?

	Is there any way to turn an xml-rpc into a webservice?

Thanks,

Tim Heath

Re: xml-rpc webservices?

Posted by Michael Glenn <mi...@mglenn.com>.
Absolutely Tim,

As I define it, a web service is a collection of programmatic interfaces
that you can provide to your users (customers, vendors, partners,
internal units). XML-RPC allows you to accomplish this using an open
standard that multiple languages support allowing your users the freedom
to stick to their development environment while tapping into your
services using a simple yet robust interface.

For the XML-RPC specification and a list of languages with an XML-RPC
library refer to http://www.xmlrpc.com/

--
Michael Glenn
http://www.mglenn.com

Re: xml-rpc webservices?

Posted by Marcel Ruff <ru...@swand.lake.de>.

>If you wanted to use an asynchronous messaging service as a transport
>mechanism (e.g. IBM's MQ series) then SOAP has the support for this built
>in. XML-RPC does not (though http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0009.html is an
>example of an extension which kind of does this).

Or use xmlBlaster, which is accessible over XmlRpc/CORBA/RMI and gives
you the QoS like MQ series does:
http://www.xmlBlaster.org

regards,

Marcel

Re: xml-rpc webservices?

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"John Wilson" <tu...@wilson.co.uk> writes:

> If you wanted to pass a set of objects linked in an arbitrary graph then
> SOAP will (sort of) let you do it. XML-RPC will not.

...without extra code.

Re: xml-rpc webservices?

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Re: xml-rpc webservices?