Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Melanie Desaive <m....@heinlein-support.de> on 2017/05/13 07:45:49 UTC

How to stop running storage migration?

Hi all,

does anyone know a way to abort a running storage migration without
risking corrupted data?

That information could help me a lot!

Greetings,

Melanie

Heinlein Support GmbH
Linux: Akademie - Support - Hosting

http://www.heinlein-support.de
Tel: 030 / 40 50 51 - 0
Fax: 030 / 40 50 51 - 19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein  -- Sitz: Berlin

Re: How to stop running storage migration?

Posted by Melanie Desaive <m....@heinlein-support.de>.
Hi Swen,

The case I had yesterday was the following:

I am starting a VM and CloudStack decides, that there are not enough
resources in the actual Cluster and starts migrating the volumes to a
different storage. Instead of waiting for the storage migration to
finish I would prefer to abort the storage migration, make same room in
the old cluster and start the VM there. Is there a chance to do this?

I am using XenServer 6.5.

Greetings,

Melanie

AW: How to stop running storage migration?

Posted by "S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH" <s....@proio.com>.
Hi Melanie,