Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Nakul Chakrapani <na...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/27 10:38:43 UTC

ActiveMQ message Dispatch policies

Hi all ,

       Can anyone tell me how to change the mesage dispatch policy in apache
activeMQ ( am using version 5.4.2).
       As all of u know , default dispatch policy is RoundRobin. But the
problem with that policy is , if one consumer goes down or is blocked for
some reason , other consumers ll not receive the messages even if there are
some messages in the queue.
I want to change the dispatch policy , such that even if one of the
consumers go down , other consumers must continue their work without
depending upon other clients.
      I also used setDispatchAsync() method , but it didnt help.
      Please help me in this regard.

Re: ActiveMQ message Dispatch policies

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
a slow consumer will keep at maximum "prefetch" number messages from
other consumers. The dispatch loop will ignore any "full" consumers.
I think setting prefetch to 0 will alleviate the symptom you are seeing.
http://activemq.apache.org/what-is-the-prefetch-limit-for.html

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com