Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Juan José Gil <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/23 14:06:47 UTC

cayenne logging

Is there any plan to use slf4j instead of commons-logging with cayenne?

If you need someone who do the nasty work, I would be glad to contribute a
patch :)

Re: cayenne logging

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
I suspect it may perform slightly better to not using the JCL to SLF
bridge, so that's a good reason to switch.

But as long as Cayenne depends on other libraries that use
commons-logging, then all we really do is make things more complicated
for end users.    Right now you can use commons-logging.  Or you can
use SLF with the commons-logging bridge.   If we switch Cayenne to use
SLF, then we force users to have to configure for both.

Ideally, we'd try to convince our dependencies to use SLF as well.   I
don't remember which ones use commons-logging, so I don't know how
hard it would be to sell it.

Re: cayenne logging

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: cayenne logging