Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dan Carwin <dc...@covalent.net> on 2005/02/23 01:25:22 UTC

Native session replication/failover in tomcat 5.0.30

I have the tomcat 5.0.30 replication partially working on redhat as3.

Here's what I see:

1. both tomcats up
2. use tcrepl (provided by Richard Mixon) app to etablish session on one
tomcat (verify by tailing log file)
3. kill that tomcat
4. session fails over to other tomcat successfully
5. Problems occur after bringing downed tomcat back up. When I start the
tomcat instance that I had taken down I get three java errors during
tomcat startup (listed below)
6. After the downed tomcat finally comes back up it causes the session
to try to fail back over. But that fail over fails and the session
croaks, resulting in 500 errors.

(first error)
Feb 22, 2005 3:49:46 PM org.apache.struts.util.MessageResourcesFactory
createFactory
SEVERE: MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResourcesFactory

(second error)
Feb 22, 2005 3:50:16 PM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter sendMessageData
WARNING: Unable to send replicated message, is server down?

(third error)
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at sun.misc.Unsafe.ensureClassInitialized(Native Method)
        at
sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorFactory.newFieldAccessor(UnsafeFieldAcces
sorFactory.java:20)
        at
sun.reflect.ReflectionFactory.newFieldAccessor(ReflectionFactory.java:12
2)
        at java.lang.reflect.Field.acquireFieldAccessor(Field.java:779)
        at java.lang.reflect.Field.getFieldAccessor(Field.java:760)

What is the expected behavior?

Side note - differences between clustering in 5.0 and 5.5:
5.0 doesn't have the JvmRouteBinderValve
5.0 doesn't have the JvmRouteSessionIDBinderLifecycleListener
5.0 doesn't have StoreConfigLifecycleListener