Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Udit Mehrotra <ud...@apache.org> on 2021/07/17 02:07:05 UTC

Amazon Athena expands Apache Hudi Support

Hi Folks,

Happy to announce that Amazon Athena has now upgraded to the latest Hudi
0.8.0 release. In addition, Athena now supports two additional features:

   - Snapshot/Real time query support for Merge on Read tables
   - Query support for tables created with *BOOTSTRAP* operation

Following are the public documentation for the new supports:

   - What’s new:
   https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2021/07/amazon-athena-expands-apache-hudi-support/
   - Updated Athena Hudi usage AWS doc:
   https://docs.aws.amazon.com/athena/latest/ug/querying-hudi.html

Thanks,
Udit Mehrotra
SDE | AWS EMR

Re: Amazon Athena expands Apache Hudi Support

Posted by Gary Li <ga...@apache.org>.
Thanks for sharing the great news Udit. Exciting to see the expansion of
the Hudi ecosystem. We are seeing a large number of cooperations and public
cloud providers adopt Hudi this year. The future of the project is
definitely promising.

Best,
Gary

Posted by Rubens Rodrigues <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bhavani Sudha <bh...@gmail.com>.
Thats awesome news. Thanks for sharing Udit.

- Sudha