Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jt...@jimstudebaker.org on 2005/03/09 15:54:40 UTC

[Fwd: Re: How to access web site from other computers]

What is the IP address of the machine you have the tomcat server running
on.  What is the port you are running tomcat on?

You should be able to reach the default welcome page on the tomcat server
by typing the url http://ipaddress:portnumber/.

If you can reach the tomcat server from an external machine on the
internet using the url above, then you do not have a firewall problem.  If
you can not reach the tomcat server from an external machine on the
internet using the url above, then you may have a firewall problem.

Let me know the results.

If you give me your ip address and port number by direct email I can try
the test myself.  Send an email to jtsbaker@jimstudebaker.org.

Subject: Re: How to access web site from other computers
From:    jtsbaker@jimstudebaker.org
Date:    Wed, March 9, 2005 9:40 am
To:      "Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>

I do not get a ping for dummy.dynalias.net.  Is this the actual dynamic
dns name you defined?