Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/06 17:40:00 UTC

Creating 5.1 RC in a few hours from now ...

Friends and Colleagues,

I'm going to cut the first 5.1 RC shortly ...

I'm including the fix for SOLR-7338 (which also fixes SOLR-6583) and
an XSS issue for Solr's Admin UI - SOLR-7346.

Noble is getting SOLR-6924 committed right now as well.

Let me know if there are any others before I create the RC.

Cheers,
Tim

Re: Creating 5.1 RC in a few hours from now ...

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adrien,

Thanks for letting me know. Here's the situation - I have an RC built
and staged, but was holding off on sending out the notice until we
decide if I should back-out the fix for SOLR-7338. I haven't been able
to replicate the Jenkins failure, but Mark needed a little more time
today to look deeper into the issue. So let's give it a few more hours
and I'll know more. Sorry for the delay folks ;-)

Cheers,
Tim

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim,

FYI I merged LUCENE-6406 to 5.1, which fixes the test-framework to not
have side-effects. If you already built and uploaded artifacts, I
don't think it is worth a re-spin.

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 11:07 PM, Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Was just about to send out the download location for 5.1 RC 1 and saw
> Mark's comments about our fix for SOLR-7338 causing test failures on
> Jenkins ... so tracking that down first ... if we can't identify a fix
> shortly, I'll back that commit out and move forward with the release
> w/o SOLR-7338 ...
>
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 9:46 AM, Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> errr ... Noble included SOLR-7168, not 6924 ... sorry for the noise ;-)
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 9:40 AM, Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Friends and Colleagues,
>>>
>>> I'm going to cut the first 5.1 RC shortly ...
>>>
>>> I'm including the fix for SOLR-7338 (which also fixes SOLR-6583) and
>>> an XSS issue for Solr's Admin UI - SOLR-7346.
>>>
>>> Noble is getting SOLR-6924 committed right now as well.
>>>
>>> Let me know if there are any others before I create the RC.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Tim

Adrien

Re: Creating 5.1 RC in a few hours from now ...

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.