Posted to dev@datasketches.apache.org by leerho <le...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/13 17:57:51 UTC

Please welcome Charlie Dickens as new committer!

Folks,

I am happy to announce that Charlie Dickens has joined us a new committer
on DataSketches.

Charlie has been instrumental in helping us direct our efforts with our
Frequent Directions Sketch by proving that it can be used for matrix Ridge
Regression to substantially improve computational performance.  Ridge
Regression is used extensively in high-dimensional machine learning
applications.  Charlie's work in this area has been submitted for
publication.

Charlie brings to us his deep background and research interests in
streaming algorithm applications using linear algebra. You can find out
more about Charlie's research background by reading his personal websites
and his CV:

   - https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/dcs/people/u1661868
   - https://c-dickens.github.io/
   - CV: https://c-dickens.github.io/pdf/cv_charlie_dickens.pdf
   - GitHub Profile: https://github.com/c-dickens

Best Regards,

Lee.

Re: Please welcome Charlie Dickens as new committer!

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Welcome on board!

Kind Regards,