Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/02/17 10:27:00 UTC

[classlib] security moved

I moved modules/security to archive/modules/security and moved
modules/security2 to modules/security.  I adjusted build scripts as needed.

I wasn't able to go further or put a snapshot up because of really awful
network conditions in the hotel I'm in. (There seems to be something
systemically bad about Embassy Suites - this is the second time I've had
network problems in the last two times I stayed in one...)

Tim, do the change of the package names if you wish.  I'll do the
snapshot based on a svn rev later today (unless someone else wants
to...)  I suspect that it won't be a major deal if you get the new J9 VM
up at the same time as the svn change is made...

Of to sleep for a few...

geir

Re: [classlib] security moved

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Really.. It's a snapshot.  Please.  That way you can get the refactoring
in and new VM up....  T

The PMC had been advised that we are doing shapshots...

Re: [classlib] security moved

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Re: [classlib] security moved

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Tim Ellison wrote:
>> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>>> I moved modules/security to archive/modules/security and moved
>>> modules/security2 to modules/security.  I adjusted build scripts as
>>> needed.
>>
>> Thanks.  How about making the archive/ a peer of trunk/, branches/ &
>> tags/, then people downloading trunk won't get the archived stuff too?
>
> Hm.  I think of it still as "live material" in our tree, but I don't
> feel too strongly about this.  If we keep it there, we should set  a
> policy to expire it out of there at some point.

whatever -- I don't really mind either.  We have a module called
'archive' so don't want to add to confusion about the archive in trunk.

>>> I wasn't able to go further or put a snapshot up because of really awful
>>> network conditions in the hotel I'm in. (There seems to be something
>>> systemically bad about Embassy Suites - this is the second time I've had
>>> network problems in the last two times I stayed in one...)
>>
>> I have built the refactored code (at rev 378478) and created the snapshot
>> archives.  They are sitting on my disk at the moment.  Do we need a
>> green light from the incubator PMC before uploading a new snapshot?
>
> No.  I'll check to see if I promised lazy notification messages on this.

ok -- let me know, I'll wait.

> BTW, is there an ant target for this snapshot creation yet?

erm, (shuffle, shuffle), no.  I run the default target and copy in the
license, notices, and readme files.  I'll add it to the list.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: [classlib] security moved

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Tim Ellison wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>> I moved modules/security to archive/modules/security and moved
>> modules/security2 to modules/security.  I adjusted build scripts as needed.
>
> Thanks.  How about making the archive/ a peer of trunk/, branches/ &
> tags/, then people downloading trunk won't get the archived stuff too?

Hm.  I think of it still as "live material" in our tree, but I don't
feel too strongly about this.  If we keep it there, we should set  a
policy to expire it out of there at some point.

>> I wasn't able to go further or put a snapshot up because of really awful
>> network conditions in the hotel I'm in. (There seems to be something
>> systemically bad about Embassy Suites - this is the second time I've had
>> network problems in the last two times I stayed in one...)
>
> I have built the refactored code (at rev 378478) and created the snapshot
> archives.  They are sitting on my disk at the moment.  Do we need a
> green light from the incubator PMC before uploading a new snapshot?

No.  I'll check to see if I promised lazy notification messages on this.

BTW, is there an ant target for this snapshot creation yet?

>> Tim, do the change of the package names if you wish.  I'll do the
>> snapshot based on a svn rev later today (unless someone else wants
>> to...)  I suspect that it won't be a major deal if you get the new J9 VM
>> up at the same time as the svn change is made...
>
> The plan is still on course to have the new VME version in place ready
> for people to continue working seamlessly, and leave the old VME there
> to run snapshots.

Right -

Re: [classlib] security moved

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.