Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Raju Lokhande <RL...@ne.health.net> on 2002/08/22 15:41:00 UTC

Executing a remote command

Hello everybody,
 I am asked to research whether following is possible.
- A servlet will run under tomcat on windows and issue a kill command on Unix to kill a Unix process.
 I know that Java RMI will do this work, but I could not find any example in my web searches. Standard RMI tutorial builds a fairly big application and i do not have time to go through that.
Interestingly, I could not find this in RMI FAQ.
Can anyone please share some example code?
Thanks
Raju Lokhande

This message, together with any attachments, is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It
may contain information that is confidential and prohibited from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this
message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the original sender
immediately by telephone or by return e-mail and delete this
message along with any attachments, from your computer.
Thank you.