Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by zenykm <ma...@tapestryforums.com> on 2005/12/19 11:12:47 UTC

No attention to Portlet support?

This is mostly to framework developers but community can help in this too.

Why there is no attention to Portlet support in Tapestry 4?
There is (only) 7 issues in JIRA and all of them are not resolved. Some of them is very important and without for example uploading or correct persistance Tapestry 4 is simply not usable in portlets world. And those issues posted not "yesterday" but few month ago....

I understand that 90% of Tapestry users is from "classic" web world, but if you state that there is a JSR 168 support, Tapestry projects must not just *shown* on portals but actually *works* on them....

Sent from www.TapestryForums.com

Read this topic online here: <<topic_link>>

http://www.tapestryforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=12170#12170

Re: No attention to Portlet support?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Client persistence does not make sense in the portlet world.  Portlets
are always stateful.

The file upload issue is not Tapestry, but based on the commons
fileupload component.  They haven't released a stable version that
supports portlets.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry