Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2005/10/25 15:37:30 UTC

Re: [M2] Unable to download the artifact from any repository -- javax.transaction:jta:1.0.1B:jar

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 10:53 +0300, Miks Rozenbergs wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Here is my POM, with dependency to hibernate. But when doing "mvn
> compile", Maven can't download one of dependencies -- GroupId:
> javax.transaction, ArtifactId: jta, Version: 1.0.1B. See console output
> down bellow. Any ideas why?

Good old SUN Jars:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-coping-with-sun-jars.html

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks