Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeffrey Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/04 11:04:35 UTC

Updating a jar

Hi guys

I wanna update a jar sitting un my  .../repository/jars/
directory , with some extra classes built in a different
sub-project.I've tried using  Ant with the update="true" attribute set
, but I keep getting "unable to rename old file... to temporary file."

Any ideas?

jeff mutonho

Re: Updating a jar

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
The file is in use?

Re: Updating a jar

Posted by Jeffrey Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.
I have the following as a postGoal in the sub-project's   maven.xml file :

<postGoal name="support-build-all">

      <echo>***Updating support interface  jar***</echo>
      <jar jarfile="${maven.repo.local}/Support/jars/Support_MsgInterface-1.1.jar"
            update="true">
	<fileset dir="/home/maven/ExtraClasses" includes="**/*.classes" />
    </jar>
</postGoal>

And my build is failing with the message :

Unable to obtain goal [support-build-all] --
/home/maven/projects_main/projects/Support/Support_Messaging/maven.xml:16:95:
<jar> Unable to rename old file to temporary file

Support_MessagingInterface-1.1.jar , is not at all in use , so I don't
understand why Ant is failing to update the jar.

jeff mutonho