Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Martin Schulz <ms...@dinmar.com> on 2002/05/14 16:25:43 UTC

Torque: Sybase and JDBCToXMLSchema

Hi,

I don't know if this is news or not - I managed to get a good schema out of
JDBC on Sybase ASE 12.
The only issue was that the jconn2 driver throws an exception when querying
FK on VIEWs.  Simply removing
the "VIEW" from TorqueJDBCTransformTask.java.getTableNames resolved the
immediate problem.

>From a more general perspective, I don't know whether JDBC drivers are
supposed to return PK/FK info on VIEWs,
but given things like updatable views this is probably more than just
fiction.

For all practical purposes I'd suggest to check the type of the object and
not to digest anything but the columns if the object is a view
in TorqueJDBCTransformTask. Or make that configurable...

  Martin