Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Robert S. Thau" <rs...@ai.mit.edu> on 1995/08/04 03:09:02 UTC

Dave's bug fixes... yet *another* new apache spin.

As I said this morning, I do think that hanging on restarts with
"TransferLog |" is worth fixing before release; also, while you can
compile 0.8.6 on OSF/1 and get a working binary, it ain't pretty, so a
kinder, gentler version of the OSF/1 portability hacks is, in my view,
also worthwhile.  (I avoided changing anything in conf.h which wasn't
already conditional on OSF/1, and the one-line change to http_main.c
is unlikely to make a difference, so I'm pretty sure that what I did
won't break other systems --- I have also compiled this on a real
Alpha box to verify that it does indeed compile clean under OSF/1).

So, we are now stuck with Apache 0.8.7.  If you're getting sick of
this, so am I, but given known fixes for these problems I'd rather
ship with them than without them.  It's now on hyperreal... I'd
appreciate it if someone would give it a whirl.

(There may be a case for releasing 0.8.6 externally, and calling this
the first project-internal post-release, but having compiled 0.8.x on
an Alpha, I can aver that we'll get a lotta mail from people with
Alpha boxen saying it looks UGGGLY...).

Anyway, the full change list:

  *) Don't hang when restarting with a child from 'TransferLog "|..."' running
     [reported by David Robinson]

  *) Compiles clean on OSF/1 [David Robinson]

  *) Added some of the more recent significant changes (AddLanguage stuff,
     experimental LogFormat support) to CHANGES file in distribution root
     directory