Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/23 19:25:56 UTC

Trinidad 1.2 release

Hey guys,

It's getting time for a set of Trinidad releases.  I'll be working next
week to commit all outstanding patches and try to see if I can get some
of these high priory issues sorted out.

I was looking back at the threads and it dawned on me that we never
discontinued Trinidad 1.2.  Traditionally Trinidad has maintained two
open trunks and with Trinidad 2.1, it seems 1.2 would be a third
release.  I know that myself and many of the current Trinidad Committers
have been putting a lot of time into 2.0 and 2.1 work and have not had
time to continue to maintain and release this branch.

As we've had some members in the community submitting bugs and such for
the 1.2 release, I'm proposing that we make one final release of this
product before moving on to the 2.0 and 2.1 releases.

I'm well aware that we'll need a vote (which I'll submit later for
sunsetting the project) but as we are going to need AT LEAST one more
release in this branch, I wanted some guidance from the community.  As
many of you know there are several experimental 1.2 branches in the
Trinidad's branches directory.  Many of the changes submitted to these
branches were backports of framework for enhancements in Trinidad 2.0 or
2.1 that were backported for testing on some earlier 1.2 trinidad
branches.  We have several choices here on what to do with this 1.2
final release:

1. We can move all the ER's from the experimental changes into the trunk
before the release.  This would have the most up-to-date code but may
make the final release a bit less stable since the experimental patches
are on an earlier release.

2. We can simply commit the patches for the currently open JIRA issues.

I'm leaning toward number 2 and inviting the community request any
additional patches that they feel need to be added but I'd be open to
other suggestions..

Scott