Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Miguel Rentes <mi...@efacec.pt> on 2008/01/28 17:49:47 UTC

Checkout failed in Linux

Hi everyone!

I was doing a svn checkout in Linux and that failed with this output:

A    13.0.0/scatex/runproj/camadas.c
A    13.0.0/scatex/runproj/README.txt
A    13.0.0/scatex/runproj/print.c
A    13.0.0/scatex/runproj/makelinks
svn: In directory '13.0.0/scatex/runproj'
svn: Can't change perms of file '13.0.0/scatex/runproj/pixmap.c': No
such file or directory

All the .c files in this directory are links to other .c files in
another folder, but that shouldn't be a problem for Subversion (I
think). Maybe I lack permissions to create symbolic links in linux? I
could see that these .c symlinks point to a folder which exists in the
repository but haven't been copied into my working copy at the time I
had this error. Do the real .c files need to exist in a folder prior of
the creation of the .c links to those files?

Best regards,

--
Miguel Rentes
/Informatics Engineer/

Re: Checkout failed in Linux

Posted by Miguel Rentes <mi...@efacec.pt>.
I did the 2nd solution you proposed and it worked:

- removed all links from a folder
- created the links
- then added one by one with svn add
- finally, did a svn commit

When I got to do a svn checkout in Linux everything worked and all links
were correct. I could also see that they had the svn:special property
attached to every link.

Thanks Matt =)

Re: Checkout failed in Linux

Posted by Matt Pounsett <ma...@conundrum.com>.