Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Zoltan Ivanfi <zi...@cloudera.com> on 2018/12/19 18:40:50 UTC

Updated proposal: Consistent timestamp types in Hadoop SQL engines

Dear All,

I would like to thank every reviewer of the consistent timestamps
proposal[1] for their time and valuable comments. Based on your
feedback, I have updated the proposal. The changes include
clarifications, fixes and other improvements as summarized at the end
of the document, in the Changelog section[2].

Another category of changes is declaring some topics as out-of-scope
with the intention to keep the scope under control. While these topics
are worth discussing, I suggest doing that in follow-up efforts. I
think it is easier to reach decisions in bite-sized chunks and the
proposal in its current form is already near the limit that is a
convenient read in a single sitting.

Please take a look at the updated proposal. I'm looking forward to
further feedback and suggestions.

Thanks,

Zoltan

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gNRww9mZJcHvUDCXklzjFEQGpefsuR_akCDfWsdE35Q/edit