Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by an...@e-zest.net on 2006/12/18 15:28:14 UTC

Rendering STATIC contents in JS-2

Hi,

We want to render a page having four portlets header, footer, left leaf and contents. Left leaf and contents are the dynamic sections and we have already written portlets for the same.

We have problems in static contents i.e. header and footer. We have written header.jsp and footer.jsp pages. How can I map these JSPs inside PSML file for the header and footer sections without writing portlet classes for these two sections?

In JS-1, we had .xreg files to resolve the above problem, then what is the parallel file in JS-2?

Thanks.
regards,

Anand

Re: Rendering STATIC contents in JS-2

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
anand.kulkarni@e-zest.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We want to render a page having four portlets header, footer, left leaf and contents. Left leaf and contents are the dynamic sections and we have already written portlets for the same.
>
> We have problems in static contents i.e. header and footer. We have written header.jsp and footer.jsp pages. How can I map these JSPs inside PSML file for the header and footer sections without writing portlet classes for these two sections?
>
> In JS-1, we had .xreg files to resolve the above problem, then what is the parallel file in JS-2?

Take a look at the page decoration features
I know this documentation is rather hard to getting started with, but
its all we have now:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-decorators.html
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-psml.html

I am working on a tutorial here that does a better job of getting you
started with decorations. Hope to get it checked in by end of year