Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wim Lambrecht <wi...@schaubroeck.be> on 2004/05/05 09:03:06 UTC

dynamically plugable build.properties

Hi,

I don't want to put my build.properties -file in the home directory of
my project (normally at the same place as the project.properties -file).

project1
|- project.xml
|- maven.xml
|- project.properties
|- CONFIG1/build.properties
|- CONFIG2/build.properties

So, i want to dynamically switch (copy a config*/build.properties to the
'live' project home directory or something like that via a preGoal in
maven.xml) to a build.properties based on the type of config (config 1
or config2). I want to set this type as a property in the
'project.properties'-file.

The problem is that the maven-engine (proces) is already started at the
time of copying, so the copied build.properties isn't used at all.

Is this the right way or are there alternatieves ?

The reason i'm doing this is dat the properties in the build.properties
are totally different for each CONFIG.

TIA
-wil-

RE: dynamically plugable build.properties

Posted by Kai Lilleby <ka...@systemfabrikken.no>.
I had the same problem - and solved it using config spesific properties
files loaded through the following jelly:util tag:
<u:properties file="PATH TO PROPERTIES FILE"/>

Properties in this file will override properties declared else where, the
downside is that you cant make use of maven token-replacement-feature as it
is available in maven-spesific properties files (i.e. the syntax: propertyX
= ${basedir}/propertyY )

Kai Lilleby

mob: 930 22 179
kai@systemfabrikken.no