Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Luc Maisonobe <lu...@spaceroots.org> on 2013/05/13 13:56:08 UTC

[all] strange maven magic

Hi all,

In the last few days, I looked into the commons parent pom as well as
several other poms to set up JaCoCo reports. There is something I don't
understand: with our current setting at Apache, when we run "mvn clean
site", the tests are automatically run. In another non-Apache project,
when I do the same thing, tests are not run, and I have to manually run
them before building the site.

Could someone explain me what we did to have this magic happen in commons?

Luc

Re: [all] strange maven magic

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 13/05/2013 15:47, Jörg Schaible a écrit :
> Hi Luc,

Hi Jörg,

> Luc Maisonobe wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> In the last few days, I looked into the commons parent pom as well as
>> several other poms to set up JaCoCo reports. There is something I don't
>> understand: with our current setting at Apache, when we run "mvn clean
>> site", the tests are automatically run. In another non-Apache project,
>> when I do the same thing, tests are not run, and I have to manually run
>> them before building the site.
>>
>> Could someone explain me what we did to have this magic happen in commons?
>
> Surefire must have been configured twice, once time in the normal plugins
> section and the second time as part of the reports. The surefire "report"
> will trigger the execution of the tests.

It was almost that! The maven-surefire-plugin was already configured
twice in both projects. However, the maven-surefire-report-plugin was
missing in the reporting section of the other project. I missed that due
to the similarity of the two plugins names. Adding it solved the problem.

Your hint greatly helped finding the culprit.

Thanks a lot
Luc

Re: [all] strange maven magic

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@scalaris.com>.
Hi Luc,

Re: [all] strange maven magic

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <lu...@spaceroots.org>.
Hi Vishwa,

Le 13/05/2013 14:51, Vishwanath Krishnamurthi a écrit :
> New to the list, so first a "hello" to all :)

Welcome!

> @Luc
> Guess the default is just to run the tests.
> The project you were saying about where tests do not run by default -
> probably has a property in the pom to skip tests.

I don't see any such property (neither in the project pom nor in my
settings).

Luc

Re: [all] strange maven magic

Posted by Vishwanath Krishnamurthi <to...@gmail.com>.