Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> on 2013/09/26 23:37:26 UTC

Process for Granting Jenkins Access

A Mentoring question.

Some of the committers in a podling want to access Jenkins.

The instructions are here: http://wiki.apache.org/general/Jenkins#How_do_I_get_an_account

I take it that for a podling any of the mentors should take the role of the PMC Chair and do this action. Please let me know if the Incubator process is otherwise.

Regards,
Dave

Re: Process for Granting Jenkins Access

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Hey Dave
You are correct, but the mentor would have to have the ability to edit ldap
perms and hopefully an understanding that by enabling the hudson-jobadmin
karma that the user would be able to configure any job within jenkins and
not just that specific projects jobs. When enabling this for someone I
usually look to see if they are on the PMC for that project or ask someone
on that PMC if that user has earned such a karma grant (not their first
commit to the project). When in doubt you can ask the builds@ list or
anyone on infra for help

-Jake