Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lanthier Stephanie <la...@uqam.ca> on 2003/05/17 00:19:51 UTC

JkMount ~user web applications

Hi,

I'm working with apache 1.3.24, tomcat 4.1.24 and the connector jk-1.2.3
on a solaris 8 box.

My Catalina is running on port 8080; my apache is running (for tests
time) on port 2085.

The instructions about user web applications allow me
to successfully connect to the URL

	http://localhost:8080/~lanthier/Zou

where "/Zou" is the URL pattern of a servlet called "hello" located in my
/usagers/lanthier/public_html/WEB-INF/classes directory.

My httpd.conf file include the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf file.
So, when I launch apache, I reach with success URL's like

	http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

and

	http://localhost:2085/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

My question:
I want to the Catalina port be "hidden".
What should I add a mod_jk.conf file to reach my hello servlet
with URL like

	http://localhost:2085/~lanthier/servlet/hello  ?

What should I had to permit this to my hundreds of users?

Thanks.

Stéphanie Lanthier
Analyste de l'informatique UQÀM
lanthier.stephanie@uqam.ca