Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by ol...@stud.ntnu.no on 2010/07/23 12:27:43 UTC

Where is the data stored during "offline periods"

Hi

I'm currently doing some research about CouchDB and I find it has some
really cool features, especially the possibility to work offline!
However, I don't understand where the data is stored when the
connection is down, how can you store a really big database on a smart
phone?

Ole

Re: Where is the data stored during "offline periods"

Posted by J Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
On Jul 23, 2010, at 3:27 AM, olethoh@stud.ntnu.no wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm currently doing some research about CouchDB and I find it has some really cool features, especially the possibility to work offline! However, I don't understand where the data is stored when the connection is down, how can you store a really big database on a smart phone?

With a locally installed CouchDB, the data is stored on the phone.

I'm pretty sure my phone has 16 GB of storage in it, so that should be enough for a few contacts databases, my bookmarks, and a todo-list or three.

Even all the databases I've accumulated on my laptop in the last years add up only to 3.2 GB.

Chris