Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Arthur Klimowicz <ar...@rogers.com> on 2005/09/24 15:27:15 UTC

Really New to Ant - problem w/ set up.

I need Ant to work with a product called, "Thinkmap SDK".

Thinkmap works ok. It also has Ant in its SDK, but it is not installed. I am
using Windows XP pro.

I set ANT_HOME: C:\PROGRA~1\THINKM~1.5ST\PACKAGER\APACHE~1.1\BIN>
(DOS for C:\Program Files\Thinkmap SDK 2.5 Standard
Edition\packager\apache-ant-1.6.1\bin)
Without setting ANT_HOME I got error saying "ant" is not a commant...

When I start Thinkmap server, it says "Using JAVA_HOME:
C:\Sun\AppServer\jdk".

I copied my command.com (Windows XP) into C:\Program Files\Thinkmap SDK 2.5
Standard Edition\packager\apache-ant-1.6.1\bin

I get an error saying it cannot find "tools.jar" in C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\lib\tools.jar. The only tools.jar on my computer is
in C:\Sun\AppServer\jdk\lib\tools.jar. So I set JAVA_HOME to
C:\Sun\AppServer\jdk, but then the Thinkmap server complains that JAVA_HOME
is not set correctly.

Can someone help this very green developer?
Many thanks,
Arthur

RE: Really New to Ant - problem w/ set up.

Posted by Arthur Klimowicz <ar...@rogers.com>.
Thanks Ron. Finally got to working this out today and your help was right
on. Arthur

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
The actual location of the SDK is not really a problem as long as
JAVA_HOME actually points to a Java Software Development Kit.

The fact that the mesage refers to C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\lib\tools.jar. makes me think that JAVA_HOME is set to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04".

Posted by Arthur Klimowicz <ar...@rogers.com>.

Posted by Arthur Klimowicz <ar...@rogers.com>.
I should also say, "Using JAVA_HOME:C:\Sun\AppServer\jdk" is in the Thinkmap
server startup. When I set JAVA_HOME in "Environment Variables", Thinkmap
server gets an error saying JAVA_HOME is not set correctly - that is
Thinkmap server becomes unusable.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.