Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> on 2004/06/15 12:55:06 UTC

WSDL of Admin Service

I am writing a new admin client as part of the deployment framework I am
working on (http://smartfrog.org); the goal being to dynamically create
WSDD files, register and unregister them as needed on axis instances
running on machines.

As such, I have imported the WSDL of the admin service to create the
stub code. I know that AdminClient is written to a more pure 'create the
WSDL ourselves' model, but since this is a clean rewrite, I can opt to
be different.

To remind everyone, the WSDL is doc/lit, with xsd:anyType the in and out :

<wsdl:types>
  <schema targetNamespace="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/">
   <element name="AdminService" type="xsd:anyType"/>
   <element name="AdminServiceReturn" type="xsd:anyType"/>
  </schema>
</wsdl:types>

This is the code generated from the WSDL:

public interface Admin extends java.rmi.Remote {
     public java.lang.Object adminService(java.lang.Object part) throws
java.rmi.RemoteException;
}

My question is this. Is 'Object' the right type? I really want to send a
DOM each way, or better yet a JDOM, but can do the bridging. If that is
the case, what should I do? Should the interfaces we generate for
xsd:anyType really be more xml-ish, especially in doc/lit?

-steve