Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@relativity.yi.org> on 2000/03/27 00:50:50 UTC

(ANNOUNCE) Alexandria 0.0.3 now with Java Cross Reference (JXR) Engine.

Sunday I hacked together a basic Java Cross Reference (JXR) tool similar
to the Linux Cross Reference  (LXR).  The XR is currently experimental
and only appears to work in my experiments :)

The one thing is that it now has all the Apache projects integrated.  It
was really awesome to see all of our HEAD packages from multiple CVS
servers all in one place and all available (syntax highlighted) at the
click of a mouse (
http://relativity.yi.org/alexandria/content/html/jxr/org/apache/index.html
)

Here is the main URL:
http://relativity.yi.org/alexandria/content/html/jxr
Here is it within Alexandria:  http://relativity.yi.org/alexandria

Kevin

--
Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)
http://relativity.yi.org

Re: (ANNOUNCE) Alexandria 0.0.3 now with Java Cross Reference (JXR) Engine.

Posted by Gunnar R|nning <gu...@candleweb.no>.
Jose Alberto Fernandez <jo...@us.oracle.com> writes:

> BTW, Alexandria was not a Library but a city. And not in Grece but in Egipt.
> The Library of Alexandria was the most famous library of Acient times. From
> the Enciclopedia Britannica:
>
> http://search.britannica.com/bcom/search/results/metaindex/1,5845,1103765+Alexandria%252C%2BLibrary%2Bof,00.html

That's right, but the city is named after the Macedonian/Greek(always a hot
topic) hero Alexander the Great. BTW. Alexandria is pronounced "Skyndria"
in Arabic.

Salam,

	Gunnar

Re: (ANNOUNCE) Alexandria 0.0.3 now with Java Cross Reference (JXR) Engine.

Posted by Jose Alberto Fernandez <jo...@us.oracle.com>.

"Kevin A. Burton" wrote:

> Sunday I hacked together a basic Java Cross Reference (JXR) tool similar
> to the Linux Cross Reference  (LXR).  The XR is currently experimental
> and only appears to work in my experiments :)
>
> The one thing is that it now has all the Apache projects integrated.  It
> was really awesome to see all of our HEAD packages from multiple CVS
> servers all in one place and all available (syntax highlighted) at the
> click of a mouse (
> http://relativity.yi.org/alexandria/content/html/jxr/org/apache/index.html
> )
>
> Here is the main URL:
> http://relativity.yi.org/alexandria/content/html/jxr
> Here is it within Alexandria:  http://relativity.yi.org/alexandria

These is very cool.

BTW, Alexandria was not a Library but a city. And not in Grece but in Egipt.
The Library of Alexandria was the most famous library of Acient times. From
the Enciclopedia Britannica:

http://search.britannica.com/bcom/search/results/metaindex/1,5845,1103765+Alexandria%252C%2BLibrary%2Bof,00.html

> Kevin
>
> --
> Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)
> http://relativity.yi.org
> Message to SUN:  "Please Open Source Java!"
> "For evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

 Jose Alberto Fernandez               500 Oracle Parkway, M/S 9op4
 Development Manager                  Redwood Shores, CA 94065
 ORACLE Corp.                         Phone: (650) 506-8830
 Java Products Group                  Fax: (650) 506-7303
 Languages & Obj-Relational Tech      Email: jofernan@us.oracle.com

Re: (ANNOUNCE) Alexandria 0.0.3 now with Java Cross Reference (JXR) Engine.

Posted by Jose Alberto Fernandez <jo...@us.oracle.com>.

Posted by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@relativity.yi.org>.
Guy Hulbert wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Kevin A. Burton wrote:
>
> KAB> Sunday I hacked together a basic Java Cross Reference (JXR) tool similar
> KAB> to the Linux Cross Reference  (LXR).  The XR is currently experimental
> KAB> and only appears to work in my experiments :)
>
>         <snip>
>
> KAB> Here is the main URL:
> KAB> http://relativity.yi.org/alexandria/content/html/jxr
> KAB> Here is it within Alexandria:  http://relativity.yi.org/alexandria
>
> Alexandria is nice.
>
> Where is LXR ?

lxr.linux.no/source

Posted by Guy Hulbert <gu...@bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca>.
On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Kevin A. Burton wrote:

KAB> Sunday I hacked together a basic Java Cross Reference (JXR) tool similar
KAB> to the Linux Cross Reference  (LXR).  The XR is currently experimental
KAB> and only appears to work in my experiments :)

	<snip>

KAB> Here is the main URL:
KAB> http://relativity.yi.org/alexandria/content/html/jxr
KAB> Here is it within Alexandria:  http://relativity.yi.org/alexandria

Alexandria is nice.

Where is LXR ?

	<snip>

Thanks,

----
Guy Hulbert, Project Manager		Bioinformatics Supercomputing Centre
(416) 813-8876				555 University Avenue
email: guy@bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca	The Hospital for Sick Children
http:  www.bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca	Toronto, ON, M5G 1X8, CANADA.