Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jean-Christophe Kermagoret <jc...@openbluelab.org> on 2007/07/09 07:51:07 UTC

Block inheritance

Hi,
How to make a block inherit from another ?

Thanks,

JC

--
Jean-Christophe Kermagoret,
OpenBlueLab Technological Leader

http://www.openbluelab.org
http://forge.openbluelab.org
http://wiki.openbluelab.org
http://demo.openbluelab.org

Re: Block inheritance

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Jean-Christophe Kermagoret pisze:
> Hi,
> How to make a block inherit from another ?

that you have in mind Cocoon 2.2.

Now to answer your question, it's a matter of setting 'super' block connection similarly as showed in the tutorial:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g2/g1/1291.html (Connect two blocks paragraph)

Now it's worth to mention that the inheritance does not work as supposed, yet but there is a patch providing this functionality and I'm
going to review it very soon (I hope, today).
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2038

If you are really eager to develop with blocks' inheritance you have handle calling super block manually for now.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski