Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jan Fryblik <ja...@ebrothers.cz> on 2014/07/27 12:17:14 UTC

Tapestry 5 + JS framework

Hi guys,

i haven't used Tapestry for a few months so I want to ask again if
something has changed. Do you have experience with combination of Tapestry
and any JS framework? How difficult is to integrate it together? Are there
any tutorials? I need something to create highly dynamic web forms.
Something like AjaxFormLoop inside AjaxFormLoop etc. Thanks for help.

Best Regards,
Jan Fryblík

eBrothers Software s.r.o. | www.ebrothers.cz

Re: Tapestry 5 + JS framework

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 09:31:40 -0300, Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Tapestry just produces html and javascript so in theory it can easily
> integrate with any js library. If you ask a more specific, we can give a
> more specific answer.

Agreed 200%. AngularJS is a JS framework. So is D3.js. So is Dojo. They're
very different from each other, so they way of using them in Tapestry will
be different. The word "integration" can have some different meanings. So
yes, as Lance said, the question is too vague to get a good answer. Tell
us what JS framework or library you want to use and we can provide a good,
specific answer. As a generic answer, I think Lance is right: Tapestry
doesn't dictate how you should write your JavaScript code. It just
provides some hooks to make it easy to make the client-side code talk to
the server-side code and vice-versa.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br

Re: Tapestry 5 + JS framework

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Tapestry 5 + JS framework

Posted by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Tapestry 5.4 (beta) built-in require js support makes it really easy to add
other javascript frameworks cleanly. I'm currently working on T5.4 projects
that integrate with angularjs and backbone/marionette js.

g,
Kris

Re: Tapestry 5 + JS framework

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 09:46:56 -0300, Chung Khanh Duy
<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jan,

Hi, guys!

> I am using tapestry combined with Jquery , it looks great. If you are
> interested in with that, please refer at http://tapestry5-jquery.com/ for
> more details.

Tapestry 5.4 supports both Prototype.js and jQuery out-of-the-box.

Re: Tapestry 5 + JS framework

Posted by Chung Khanh Duy <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jan,