Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Koen De Groote <ko...@limecraft.com> on 2019/10/16 15:41:59 UTC

Do backups of collections need to be taken on the Leader?

I'm trying to restore a couple of collections, and 1 keeps feeling. This
happens to be the only one who's leader isn't on the host that the backup
was taken from.

The backup was done on server1, for all collections.

For this collection that is failing, the Leader was on server2. All other
collections had their leader on server1. All collections had 1 replica, on
the other server.

I would think that having the replica there would be enough to perform a
restore.

Or does the backup need to happen on the actual leader?

Kind regards,
Koen De Groote

Re: Do backups of collections need to be taken on the Leader?

Posted by Koen De Groote <ko...@limecraft.com>.
Both to the same network drive, sorry.

Posted by Jon Kjær Amundsen <ja...@udbudsvagten.dk>.
We have restores that take longer but do not have problems with timeouts.
But we use the async parameter
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_2/collections-api.html#CollectionsAPI-restore

It could seem from the code you provided that it will timeout after 180
seconds if you do not make the restore async,

Venlig hilsen/Best regards

*Jon Kjær Amundsen*
Developer

Phone: +45 7023 9080
E-mail: ja@udbudsvagten.dk
Web: www.udbudsvagten.dk
Parken - Tårn D - 5. Sal
Øster Allé 48 | DK - 2100 København

<http://dk.linkedin.com/in/JonKjaerAmundsen/>

Intelligent Offentlig Samhandel
*Før, under og efter udbud*

*Følg UdbudsVagten og markedet her Linkedin
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?groupDashboard=&gid=1862353> *

Den tor. 17. okt. 2019 kl. 13.36 skrev Koen De Groote <

Posted by Koen De Groote <ko...@limecraft.com>.
Is "it" a hard limit, sorry.

Posted by Koen De Groote <ko...@limecraft.com>.

Posted by Jon Kjær Amundsen <ja...@udbudsvagten.dk>.