Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/21 12:14:06 UTC

VPC Site to Site VPN CIDR RFC1918

http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html/Installation_Guide/vpn.html#site-to-site-vpnstates:

   - *CIDR list*: The guest CIDR list of the remote subnets. Enter a CIDR
   or a comma-separated list of CIDRs. Ensure that a guest CIDR list is not
   overlapped with the VPC’s CIDR, or another guest CIDR. The CIDR must be
   RFC1918-compliant.

I'm not a network guy, so excuse the question if it's obvious, but if a
customer only has public ip's on their end, why is rfc1918 required?

--
Erik Weber

Re: VPC Site to Site VPN CIDR RFC1918

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
Filed ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-6747 for it
:-)

--
Erik Weber

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Seems reasonable to relax this constraint.

From: Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 1:40 AM
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>" <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: VPC Site to Site VPN CIDR RFC1918

--
Daan

Re: VPC Site to Site VPN CIDR RFC1918

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

RE: VPC Site to Site VPN CIDR RFC1918

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: VPC Site to Site VPN CIDR RFC1918

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
Site to site vpn.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: VPC Site to Site VPN CIDR RFC1918

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: VPC Site to Site VPN CIDR RFC1918

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Erik,

--
Daan

Re: VPC Site to Site VPN CIDR RFC1918

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
Great to hear. We're not seeing that as we're only trying to add one cidr
range, but all fixes are appreciated :-)

Hope someone might come up with some more info about the limitation as time
passes.

Regards,

Erik Weber

Posted by Alex Hitchins <al...@alexhitchins.com>.