Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Tim Frosh <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/21 15:16:35 UTC

Need advice on store settings

Hello,

I will greatly appreciate if someone shows me the right way to go.

I want to use ofbiz for selling prodcuts from POS, order manager and ecommerce
site. There are a few products for now - around 30.
I know that the store for POS selling should be" Is Immediately Fulfilled = Y" and "Check Inventory = N" but for ecommerce site the associated store should have different settings. My question is: should i use two (three) stores or only one store could work fine with POS, ecommerce and order manager for my 30 products?
Also i see that in the ofbiz demo data there is one more store : Open Travel system Demo Site [ID:RentalStore] ,why it is there Is it really needed for rental products, because RentalStore looks like the same as OFBiz E-Commerce Store ID:9000 ? Some of my products are rental products, should i add also one more separate store for them ?
Please give me an advice.
Tim

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Need advice on store settings

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Tim,

You need at least different stores for POS and ecommerce (because of the
point you mentionned). You may use the same for eCommerce and order
manager depending of your needs. It's how it's set OOTB BTW.
Open Travel is a demo store for rental products and I guess a good
example of a store setting for this type of products. So yes I guess the
better is to look carefully at how this 3 stores are set OOTB and to
replicate with changes (if any) suiving your needs.

>RentalStore looks like the same as OFBiz E-Commerce Store ID:9000

Not exactly, look at how "inventory" and "Is Immediately Fulfilled" are
set for instance. Each type of store needs its own setting for this
options. That's why I guess you need 3 stores unless you have very
specific needs.

Jacques