Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net> on 2007/10/08 09:20:24 UTC

state saving problem with tomahawk-sandbox 1.1.6 and myfaces 1.2.0

Hi all,

if I add tomahawk-sandbox-1.1.6 as a dependency into a myfaces 1.2.0
project with server-side state handling, using the back button and
re-submitting an old form often throws a ViewExpiredException. Removing the
dependency on  tomahawk-sandbox-1.1.6, the back-button works again.

After a bit of debugging, I found out that in the faces-config of
tomahawk-sandbox, another renderer is defined for the HtmlForm component:

    <!-- extended standard renderers -->
     <renderer>
         <component-family>javax.faces.Form</component-family>
         <renderer-type>javax.faces.Form</renderer-type>
         <renderer-class>
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.ext.HtmlFormRenderer</renderer-class>
     </renderer>

as opposed to the standard entry in myfaces-impl:

      <renderer>
         <component-family>javax.faces.Form</component-family>
         <renderer-type>javax.faces.Form</renderer-type>
         <renderer-class>org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlFormRenderer
</renderer-class>
      </renderer>

The tomahawk-sandbox form renderer does not work correctly with myfaces
1.2.0 as it does not render the token which identifies the applicable
stored view in the session.
So, is there a way to still use tomahawk-sandbox but tell myfaces to use
the standard renderer for the HtmlForm ? Also, is this considered a bug
which should be filed into jira ?

       Thomas